Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Hobby Update

Recently I have been trying to catch up with the plan I made for myself to get my armies painted. Life happened so I am a few months behind on this. Not entirely happy, but it is a hobby not a job so long as I keep getting back in the saddle who cares right? Building on the last post I have accomplished a few things, so at least progress is happening if only slowly.

I got a new airbrush table with filter and suction fan. So now when I airbrush my 40K models I won't have to worry so much about fumes and paint splatters.

My new transport cases from KR Multicase for my Angels of Vengeance army for 40K showed up. MUCH better than the older cases, and I even have room to spare! With an army that large you would think I shouldn't add to it.

Got a couple of Relic Contemptor Dreadnoughts with custom bases from Secret Weapon Miniatures for my Deathwing army, and new bases for my regular Contemptor Dreadnoughts for my Angels of Vengeance army. I am looking forward to having the time to put those together, magnetize them, and paint them. Also the Limited Edition model from Forge World. So now I have ANOTHER Company Master. The Contemptor Dreadnoughts for my Angels of Vengeance army already have their bases magnetized. Those bases just need to be primed and painted.

Still waiting on my other paints to show up so that I can finish some projects I have. I am going to try out a new Israel Desert Sand color from Vallejo for my Deathwing and see if I like it. The Army Builder paint is nice, but I'm not sure if I will want to keep using it as it is very easy to spray too much onto a model. I like the control an airbrush gives me.

I enjoy the zen feeling I get when I am lost inside of modeling and painting.

As for the TH&SS squad that needed to be put in an alcohol bath they came out wonderfully. The alcohol bath worked amazingly! I am thinking that the formula for Army Painter is more like make up than paint. Which would explain why alcohol worked so well where simple green did not. They look a little worn, but once they are primed it should not be noticeable

I am about half way done painting the 3 Assault Cannon Squads and Heavy Flamer Squad. I have the TH&SS squad ready for prime, and the Plasma Cannon team has been converted and put together. They are also awaiting to be primed. As for the Company Master I put him to the side so I could focus on him later when I have the time. I want the army done first.

Little by little things are getting completed and done to where I will no longer need to add to an army. I am looking forward to that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment