Thursday, September 24, 2015

Angels of Vengeance and Deathwing Update

It has been some time since I posted last. I ended up having to take courses over the summer at college, move from one apartment into another, and somehow get my life in order before I was able to focus on anything hobby related. Yet now that is done, and I have finally been able to get some hobby related progress done.

I have mainly been focusing on getting my armies squared away and completed one at a time. I have my Angels of Vengeance 99% of the way done. All models fully assembled and painted. With that said I have a few new additions and upgrades that I am finishing with them to make them complete. All of the below either needs to be primed or painted. Only the arm options on the Contemptor Dreadnoughts needs assembly as they are being magnetized.

- Stormeagle missile launchers
- Forge World limited edition model primed and painted
- 2 CC arms for Contemptor Dreadnoughts
- 2 Assault Canons for Contemptor Dreadnoughts

I also got new bases for my Angels of Vengeance army Contemptor Dreadnoughts to make them stand out a bit more. They fit in very well with the rest of the basing of the army, and since they are now magnetized a quick prime and paint job will see these models one step closer to completion.

Yet with my Angels of Vengeance being more or less painted I had time to focus on my next army. I chose that army to be my Deathwing as I felt it would be pretty straightforward and quick. Most of it has been assembled, and the only additions I needed to make to it were able to be bought. One thing that bothered me however was that I had far too many Assault Cannon squads. Yet as luck would have it I found a way to solve that problem.

In my trade with my old roommate I ended up getting his old Terminator Squad. It was 6 Terminators (1 Sergeant w/ Power Sword, 1 Assault Cannon, 1 Cyclone Missile Launcher, and 3 Storm Bolter & Powerfist Terminators) and they were in fairly good shape. However with this squad and the other 5 man Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield Terminator Squad I got in the trade something bad happened. The primer I sprayed on them was too thick, and worse yet it was Army Painter primer.

After a bath in simple green the first 6 Terminators were mostly free of the primer. The TH&SS squad barely anything had happened. So once they were cleaned off and dried I did some research for the TH&SS squad, and they are soaking in rubbing alcohol to see if this will solve my primer problem. The other squad was clean enough for conversions.

I quickly took the Cyclone Missile Launcher Terminator apart. No more CMS or arms. This Terminator is now to be another Company Master for the Deathwing. I am still debating if I want him to have a Storm Shield or not. The Assault Cannon Terminator stared wielding a Plasma Cannon, and one of the Storm Bolter & Powerfist Terminators ended up wielding a Chain Fist.

Once the components are dry, and the models I need painted on my table are painted, I will start the assembly of my 2 new Relic Contemptor Dreadnoughts. I really like these models. Yet what I have to paint is quite a lot, but since I am painting it assembly line style it is going very smoothly. So far I have the following to paint.

- 3 Assault Cannon Squads
- Heavy Flamer Squad
- Interrogator-Chaplain
- Librarian
- Company Master Conrad
- Terminator Command Squad w/ TH&SS
- Terminator Command Squad
- Land Raider Crusader
- 2 Ravenwing Bike Squads (1 w/ Melta Guns; 1 w/ Plasma Guns)

What I have left to assemble and/or prime is:

- Company Master Garth
- Plasma Cannon Squad
- TH&SS Squad
- 2 Relic Contemptor Dreadnoughts

Currently I'm painting the Assault Cannon Squads and the Heavy Flamer Squad at once. Company Master Conrad, the Interrogator-Chaplain, and the Librarian will be next. Followed by the Land Raider Crusader and Bike Squads. This is my tentative plan while I find time to acquire some more primer and prime what is needed to be primed, Hopefully I am able to get my Contemptor Dreadnoughts assembled in time so I can prime everything all at once. Living in an apartment has its disadvantages.

Yet my hope is to be completely done with these armies by the end of October. I am a few months behind on my schedule, and in fact have thrown it completely out the window. I need to finish college first, and get a job after. Once that is done I intend to focus more time to this hobby and complete the projects I have made for myself.

Pictures of finished models, and whole armies (if possible) to come as I am able to get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment