Sunday, January 19, 2014

Hobby Progress Update!

Alright so I've been doing a lot of hobby stuff since I've been looking for work after school has ended. Now not only have I been doing stuff for my armies I have also been doing stuff for my roommates Raven Guard army. Recently a trade went through and I was able to add a lot most stuff to my Angels of Vengeance army and it's rounding out quite nicely. Yet I've still been a bit hampered on getting some stuff painted. I just need to start sitting down and painting it honestly.

However I had the unpleasant experience of having my old airbrush break on me while I was using it! So I went out and bought a Badger Patriot for a good deal on amazon and everything seems to be working out well. I had to wait a few days for an adapter for my air hose, but otherwise everything has been going amazingly. I also got some airbrush cleaner which is working far better than anything else I've used and I'm very glad for that. I also got a new needle and nozzle part for my old air brush which hasn't gotten here yet, but if everything works out I'll now have two air brushes!!! This excites me because then I'll be able to get more colors done faster. Yet that also means more clean up... *shrug*

So as far as my roommates army is concerned I was able to prime 2 of his 5 man Scout Squads. Each one has a Veteran Sergeant, Sniper Rifles, and a Missile Launcher. So hopefully these will be able to get done fast. I was also able to prime 2 of his Contemptor Dreadnoughts. One is Mortis pattern with two twin-linked Autocannons and also has a Cyclone Missile Launcher. The other Contemptor is equipped with two Dreadnought Close Combat Weapons with Grav Guns. I'm sure he is going to upgrade it to have a Cyclone Missile Launcher as well soon. I also have his Raven Guard Captain, a Chaplain, and Shadow Captain Korvydae with a helmet on. My roommate doesn't like his Marines to not have their helmets on. Still the models look awesome and I can't wait to get down to painting them. There is a lot more to paint of his army but I'm taking it in chunks so I don't get overloaded.

As for my armies I mentioned they had grown a bit. Well in the deal I had with my roommate for painting his army he finally decided what he was willing to part with from his Space Marine collection. I have now welcomed 3 new Dreadnoughts, a Landspeeder, a Predator, and an AoBR Captain to my army. This now brings my army total up to 5 Dreadnoughts, 6 Land Speeders, 2 Predators, and 7 (YES SEVEN) Company Masters. Once I'm able to add in my Contemptor Dreadnoughts (which I still need to buy) I should be rounding my Angels of Vengeance out at around 10,000 points.

I also bought in conjunction with my roommate the Adeptus Astartes Storm Wing. We went about half and half in on it and I got the Storm Raven and he got the two Storm Talons. He is using a guide he found online to make his Storm Talons sleeker and look more bad ass. Which I have to say they do look bad ass. I'm looking forward to painting them.

As for my Storm Raven I went ahead and got the Chapterhouse Studios Storm Raven Truescale kit. I used that to beef out the fuselage of the Storm Raven. Now I know I can't take a Storm Raven in Codex: Dark Angels (which is stupid, but whatever) so I made my Storm Raven into a Storm Eagle! I had some spare bitz lying around so I was able to use some plastic card and make some Lascannon upgrades for it. As for the Vengeance Missile Launcher I used a couple of Havoc Launchers I had spare. I didn't upgrade it to be a Storm Raven if I ever get the option to take one, but I did save the bitz and I left the front hatch unglued so I could make changes down the line if needed. Also I have pics to show you so you can see the finished product. As well as what is on my workbench at the moment.

Currently my main issue is saving up enough money to buy the correct storage I need for the models I have. It's going to be tricky, but I hope to be able to get everything sorted out soon.

Enjoy these pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment