Sunday, January 5, 2014

A New Deal and a New Year!

So I haven't has as much progress as I would have liked with my 40k armies. Life got in the way and I needed to take care of that first. However a deal was struck a little while ago between my roommate and I. See he plays Raven Guard and doesn't really like to paint. So instead he offered to trade me an Imperial Guard Armored Company army for painting his whole Raven Guard army! So yeah I took the offer lol.

In the exchange I was able to get:
- 3 Basaliks
- 2 Demolishers (Cannon, Hull Lascannon, Plasma Sponson)
- 3 Leman Russ (Hull Lascannon No sponsons)
- 3 Hellhounds
- 1 Chimera
- 20 Guardsmen

With the possibility of also getting:
- 3 Dreadnoughts,
- 1 Predator
- 1 Captain (AoBR)
- 1 Landspeeder

The Space Marine components are subject to change. Yet that's alright by me because I get the chance to paint up a whole army who's backstory I love, and help to make them come to life on the table top.

So far I have primed and painted a Lucius Pattern Drop Pod. Yet adding a stencil of the Raven Guard symbol on the doors is being explored. I'm just not sure how to do it and make it look awesome just yet. I have also gotten about half way through painting one Vanguard Squad. Having all the details of their armor painted mostly white is a bit of a challenge, but I think I got it down. Just painting a light grey and then using a 4:1 ratio of Skull White to paint over it. The Grey stands out on the edges while giving the details a white appearance. Essentially they look like white gold with silver. I'm not sure if I'll need to highlight or not. I hope not as I don't really like to highlight.

I have also assembled my other Helldrake! Now I'll just need to do the Greenstuff work on him and all should be done. I have been looking for work so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get done. Yet I'm hammering away at this bit by bit.

I'll try to post images as they become available because I'm not afraid of posting crappy smartphone pics at the moment. More on that when I get more accomplished. Anyways stopped to take a break from painting so back to work I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment