Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A new year and new motivation

It has been about 4 - 5 months since I posted last. School, family, life, and medical issues have sucked up all of my time in those months. However I did end up playing a game with my friend Mitch. I have never beaten Mitch and he had never faced my Tau. That changed the other day. I had beaten his Marine army by the end of turn 2. He was surprised and so was I. The next game he won, but it was hard fought. He ended up switching up army lists and it went to turn 6. I lost but took about 3/4 of his all bike army out of the game. Also my Shas'O killed a Space Marine Captain on a bike in close combat. So small victories.

I have recently come into a bit of cash and haven't found anything else to spend it on. So I'm finishing up getting the models I need to flush out my armies. It wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be, but I also slimmed down what I thought I would need.

I'll start with the Tau since I have played them most recently. They are completely assembled. The only thing that army requires is painting. It also isn't much and I hope to be able to get it done when I can. Hopefully this will go fast and I can have one army completely done and painted. Yet repainting some of the models might prove to be a time suck. I'll see if I even want to do that. I must note that the Fire Knife configuration for Crisis Suits is really effective. I see now why people use it.

My Angels of Vengeance are doing a lot better. Not much has changed with that list. The only things I have left to assemble are a 2nd Sternguard Squad and a Drop Pod. I decided to go with another Sternguard Squad since they are just so effective and awesome. I'm just waiting on the Melta Guns to get here in the mail so I can do the conversions. Plus I can't really see myself using 3 Dreadnoughts. Also I don't want to spend the money for an Ironclad Dreadnought. That might change, but since the army doesn't need it I'm not getting it.

I just painted my Techmarine with a Conversion Beamer. All I'm waiting on is for the glue on the basing to dry, paint that, drybrush it, and then seal the model since it's all metal. Otherwise I have very little left of this army, most of which I'm waiting for bitz to arrive before I finish them.

My Deathwing are FINALLY going to be able to be completed. I hope I can do what I wanted with them. I'm getting 10 new models that are close combat. They will get the Thunder Hammers and Storm Shields. The rest of the army will be getting the lightning claws. I just hope I have the magnets to do it all. If not oh well and I'll just order more. Yet once this modeling is done I will get down to painting it. Also I changed up how the Venerable Dreadnoughts are configured. The old metal dread I have will now have a Mulit Melta, and the other will have a Plasma Cannon. I gave them both Heavy Flamers. The metal one was a bit tricky to convert, but I managed it just fine.

As for my Nurgle army I have found what I need to finish it out. I'm going to go with a Vindicator tank and a team of two Obliterators. I just didn't want to get another Defiler. Plus if I swap out the wings and psychic power on the Deamon Prince I might be able to beef up the transports and Vindicator a bit. I'm just waiting on an eBay auction for the Vindicator and for a shipment from GW for the Obliterator.

My IG Army has gotten a bit of a face lift. I have figured out more or less how I would like to have them assembled. I have also figured out how they play well. I went through my models and took some that I haven't used in a long while and converted them to either regular Guardsmen or moved them into new squads. I now have three Veteran Squads with three Melta Guns. They will go into the Vendettas and the Chimera. The Veteran Squad with the Plasma Guns now has an Autocannon. Also I had enough models to get a fifth Veteran Squad with an Autocannon and three sniper rifles. So with very little conversions I've managed to get a lot more out of my army than I thought possible.
I just need to get the twin linked Lascannons on the Valkyries to make them Vendettas. I've also added two Commissars to the Infantry Platoon, given them and the Sergeants Power Weapons, and I plan on using them as a giant 40 man blob of guys. It will be interesting to see how they perform. I also will be re purposing the Basilisk into a Medusa to see how that works out. I'm playing around with the idea of giving my Sentinels hunter-killer missiles just to see if it would be effective.

The Eldar are still in their boxes awaiting a redo of their codex before I decide on selling them or putting them together.

As always pictures will be up when I get the time and equipment to do so. I will post more as I am able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment