Sunday, May 8, 2011

Long Overdue

Alright here is a long overdue update on what all has been happening with my armies.

Angels of Vengeance

The old school metal Land Speeder I was talking about a few posts ago is done! Painted and all! I was able to get the bitz I needed and magnetized all of it's weapon options.

The Bike Squad I mentioned is still getting painted. I have just moved onto other projects that seem more demanding that this one. However it will be getting done at some point. I'm just unsure of when that will be for I do not enjoy painting that squad yet. Once I get into that feeling I'm sure that they will get painted quickly. Even if I need to force myself to do it just to get them off of my shelf!

My Assault Marine Sergeants now have a Storm Shield and Power Fist on them. Power Weapons just were not cutting it, and now their save is an invulnerable. So the hope is that they will live just a little longer when they get to combat.
Also I am magnetizing all of my 20 Assault Marines to have both Jump Packs and Backpacks. This way if I ever wanted to put them in a Drop Pod, Rhino, etc. I will be able to.

I also added another Rhino to the Chapter for a total of three. When I get around to doing the third Drop Pod that will mean that I could have 6 transport vehicles total which can be nasty.

Speaking of Nasty I have finished my Vanguard Squad. They are all armed with power weapons and the Sergeant has a pair of Lightning Claws. I'm thinking of using the Maces that came with the Dark Angels Upgrade sprue as Thunder Hammers in game. I think that would give the unit a bit more punch.

The Chapter's Techmarine has received an update and upgrade. He now has a Conversion Beamer. I'm still trying to figure out how to model a Servo Harness. Yet that will come in time.

I also have half of my Sternguard Squad modeled and primed. I need to get a few more combi weapons made up before the squad will be complete. I want to paint it all at once for I learned with the Vanguard Squad painting the robes is a pain, yet worth it.

The Tactical Squads have all undergone a bit of an overhaul. Each Sergeant has undergone magnetization for weapon swapping. Each one now has a power weapon, power fist, bolt pistol, storm bolter, combi-melta/flamer, or combi-plasma. I was lucky enough to have 6 of the old hand flamers, hence the melta OR flamer option combi-bolter. Also each squad's Sergeant has an Icon on his backpack. Yet this is mainly to have something to grab him with.

Also I now have Five functioning Tactical Squads. I'm awaiting a few bitz to come in. When they do I will begin work on magnetizing all of my Tactical Squads Assault Weapon Marines. This way I will have one model that can swap between a flamer, melta gun, or plasma gun rather than have three models with one of each. This way I will have enough spare marines to make up another Tactical Squad! This will give me a total of six!

However with Tactical Squads there is a bit of an issue. See I wasn't able to get a couple of plasma cannons easily or cheaply. So I made the compromise to have the 5th and 6th Tactical Squads have Missile Launchers instead of Plasma Cannons. Yet I ran into a bit of a problem. Mainly I didn't have a spare missile launcher for the 6th Tactical Squad. With some creative thinking, and looking through my bitz boxes, I managed to find a solution. I ripped off the Space Marine missile launcher from one of my scout squads. I then replaced it with one from my Imperial Guard. This was a double bonus. Not only would my scout squads look different now, but I would get my Tactical Squad to look right.

I still have a lot of work to do on this army. Yet I'm trying to finish my Angles of Vengeance army first. There is just a lot of stuff to paint, not much left to build, and very little left to buy. All of which are good things!

Imperial Guard

I now have everything I need for this army built. Well mostly the 2nd Valkyrie needs to be primed, painted, and put together. Yet that is really the only thing. I'm looking at getting a white paint pen so I can put the squad markings on them more easily. I would like to do it by painting them, yet it just gets too time consuming too quickly.

Death Guard

I have had a few things happen with this army. First I went back through the codex and reworked how some of my squads worked. I no longer have a possessed squad since they suck in the new codex. I ripped off the old metal gargoyle wings and put on some Chaos backpacks I ordered. Than I gave them all bolters that are attached to the left leg. It looks a little funny, but it works. That is all that really matters to me.

With the conversion work done I mixed up the squads a bit and now have five Plague Marine squads. Three of them have a Champion with a Power Sword and two plasma guns in the squad. The other two have a Champion with a Power Fist and two melta guns in the squad. I still need to get two more Rhinos for this army for it to work the way I would like. Yet I'm not in any hurry. I'll wait until I can get a good deal for them on eBay or something. This army I'm not in any hurry to get completed quickly.

Deathwing

I have everything I need to start painting this army. Yet I do want to go back through and flush the list out a bit more to where I like it better. I also need to get some chain fists into the squads I do have already. I want to have 6 squads of terminators, yet that might become 7 or 8. Depending on if I turn one of them into a command squad. I haven't decided yet. Also it's becoming a pain to get the Librarian model that I want right now. So once that is ordered I'll take a harder look at the army and decide what I want to do with it.

Eldar

Nothing has changed with the Eldar. I haven't even taken them out of their boxes. However I have a feeling that by the time I do we will be in 6th Edition and they will have a new codex. So for now they are shelved.

Tau

I haven't done anything with this army either. I do not like the current codex that much and I'm thinking of starting over on a few units. I want to redo the Crisis Suits I have. Mainly for I want to magnetize all the weapon options. Yet this was my first army and I glued everything together. So that could prove troublesome. However with the codex not being to my liking and a revision with new models on the way I'm shelving the army until I come to a decision that feels more like firmer ground than jell-o. This is my first army after all so I want to do it right if I am.

As for painting I feel I've gotten better at it. I'm not a professional by any means. Yet the table top standard I have for myself is really working. I have an idea of what I would like to do when I can get a proper work station going, yet that is in the future and hopefully that situation will figure itself out soon

As for pictures of the armies I still have yet to get that done. That will have to wait until I get a proper living situation going. Sorry just life has been demanding as of late. Once things settle down, if they ever do, I will be getting pictures up. Yet I'm sure I'll get pictures up here one way or another. Regardless of how long that takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment