Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Death Guard Rising

So the thing about insomnia is that it's really annoying. The thing about having insomnia when you are between semesters is that it just keeps you up at night. What I've decided to do with this is be as productive as I can be. So when I do get insomnia I just sit down at my work station, put on a podcast that is 40k related, and just paint or model my heart out until I can't do it anymore. Well after all of the progress I have made with my other armies I just made a huge dent into another one.

My Death Guard is a themed army. It really works one way. I've had to tweak it for 5th edition seeing as how it was made for 3rd edition. However it still works just fine. I just miss summoning a group of Plague Bearers when I needed them.Yet this army I hope to have painted by the end of the week given that I'm able to keep up with it.

So far I have finished painting one squad of Plague Marines and a Rhino. Yet I have also based, painted, and dry brushed every infantry model in the army. A total of 39 models. I did all of this in about 6 hours. All I have left to do at this point is paint up everything else and when done glue on some static grass. I really need to find a way to get pictures of these models. I might just have to go out and buy a white table cloth for my tiny kitchen table so I can do just that. I'm really liking how this army is coming out.

So only 4 squads of Plague Marines, 4 Rhinos, 2 Obliterators, 2 Chaos Lords, 2 Deamon Princes, a Vindicator, and a Defiler left to paint. If this project goes as fast as I think it might I'll be painting up my Deathwing in no time.

As always pictures to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment