Thursday, August 18, 2011

Valkyrie Finished!

As the title says the Valkyrie is finished. It took longer then I wanted, and I learned a lot about how to care for brushes, and how to get a complex model like this one together. Needless to say I'm not planning on doing another Valkyrie or anything of it's complexity any time soon.

Yet now my Imperial Guard army is now playable! So that is good. I have started playing games again. With the experience of these games I am finding out which units are working, and which aren't. So I might make some changes to the I.G. as I play them.

As for my Deathwing I am in need of two close combat squads. Which kinda sucks seeing as how that is $100 that I don't have at the moment. I'll have to get into school and see how money is before I go out there and get them. Plus I want to just buy some shoulder pad bits and magnets to make 4 close combat squads. Just take 2 of the assault cannon squads I have and turn them into whatever close combat team I want them to be.
Also my bitz for making the Deathwing Command Squad are in. So I'm happy about that. Yet as I look at all I have to do with this army to make it playable it seems more and more likely that I'll have to put it off for other armies that I don't need to buy things for.

As for the Bike Squad I have mentioned earlier I am in talks with a buddy to get some more bikes and an attack bike. Yet seeing as how bikes don't work as I would like them to in my Vanilla Marine army I'm going to add them to the Deathwing. It just seems fitting, and helps to flush them out a bit.

Yet I did buy another army transport motor pool. I'll still need another, but this one I gave to my Nurgle army since it was already complete and just needed a better means of transport. However I did realize that I need another 2 1/2 in. foam block for the Deathwing so I'll have to add that to the total cost of everything I need for the army and see how things go.

As for my Tau I did go through all of my old models. I did find a few things that I can change up a bit, and found enough Crisis Suits for another team and a 2nd Commander. so that will be nice. It isn't a lot of work to convert the suits into a workable team, but I am also planning on converting my twin linked plasma rifle team into a Fireknife (missile pod and plasma rifle) team. So I could have three suit teams and a hell of a lot of fire power. Yet I will need to get something to hold them in. Yet I think I might have found a solution I just need to try it out.

The Eldar are going to be put even farther off. I do not have anything to transport them in, plus they need to be built. That is just a project that is too far off for me to even want to think about it. Yet I am looking forward to the day that I am able to get them started. Hopefully their codex will be re-done by then and I won't need to buy anything else for them. I can hope right?

Yet seeing all the stuff I have to do I don't think I will be getting another army. In fact I might sell one or more off possibly. Yet that is to be seen. However I do know I will need a 4th Drop Pod. So I'll see what I can do about that.

I'm planning on taking pictures when I can. Yet I still need to set up the photo station for that which is another expense I just haven't figured out yet.

I'll post again when I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment